Tuesday, July 04, 2006

WHEN YOUR OBEDIENCE IS FULFILLED
My walk following Jesus always comes back to two things. Trusting and obeying. If I feel stopped , as in I should be walking but am I , there are questions that I ask myself . "Is it time for a rest ?" I always ask that one first. Vacations are good. It is not out of the question that the LORD might answer , "yes." He hasn't said yes to that question for awhile , I am looking forward to my next vacation. Then I ask , "am I trusting ?" Then I ask , "am I obeying ?" Now a reality check here says, I can trust and obey all the time without even thinking about it. Kind of like a person walks without loosing their balance and falling down. They have done it so long it becomes second nature to them. Ha, see the words for it have even slipped into our everyday dialogue. Becomes second nature. You guessed it. I do not seem to have this whole second nature thing yet. But I do, that is Jesus has given me a second nature. The one that Adam gave me has been replaced with the second Adam , Jesus.
Rom 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin ; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned ;
So then is it okay that I who has received the nature of Jesus still needs to learn to walk ? Trusting and obeying ? Yes, I think so . For it was said of Him in Hbr 5:8 Though He were a Son,yet learned He obedience by the things which He suffered. Paul was writing to a church who had received this second nature of Christ when he said,"And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience , when your obedience is fulfilled ."
2 Corth 10:6.
Can I then suffer to learn obedience ? Even with the nature of Christ ? I suppose so . Suffering becomes less painful as the joy of seeing Jesus draws near .



















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home