Friday, July 28, 2006

Gal 6:14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our LORD Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world. When this scripture came to me this morning I thought ,"Oh wretched man that I am, there is no good thing in my flesh." The Lord has just supplied a need in my household and words can't describe how happy I am about it. He must be warning me not to take some of the glory for this happening. In my spirit I certainly would not want to do that, but my flesh might. So I prayed and asked for help with this. Then I asked, "how do you glory in the cross ?" As I read all the scriptures around this passage I am enlightened to see this in context to what is going on with me right now. I am about to step out of my comfort zone. I will be offering to teach an anger management class to young adults.
Paul is speaking to people who have had people teaching them stuff and it was wrong. He points out how that when they have taught them to do the wrong thing, then they "glory in it" as they see what they have done in them. Yet Paul himself is teaching them things, and he says,(my paraphrase) "when I see that you are doing what I have taught you, I won't glory in it. I will only glory in the cross."
So I see , that if someone is better able to manage their anger because of the principles I share with them, I do not want to glory in what I have done. I want to glory in the fact that Jesus laid down His life for us , making it possible that we become a new creation. Not a work of our own doing.
These anger management skills that I will be teaching require that your mind be renewed with truth. It is simply a plan for realizing how thinking a lie about a circumstance can provoke un-necessary anger.
However, I would not even attempt to teach this to a secular group that would want me to teach the skills only. I must say, "it is when I asked Jesus to reveal the truth to me, that is when these skills worked for me."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home