Monday, October 23, 2006

But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. 2 Peter 1:5-7
If you read the verses before this you realize Peter is talking about having a new nature that is given us through Jesus Christ. I find it comforting that even though I am in a time far from the time he wrote these words , they still give me the hope and help that I need today. When I read 2 Peter 1 this morning in blueletterbible.com I clicked the L beside scripture 5 and selected David Gusik's comments on this chapter. He too has a way of helping me see that though I be but one pilgrim today on my journey, I am not alone . Which is indeed a blessing, because he is still alive. However, had I not the computer to bring me the news of his encouragement I am sure that God in His faithfulness would supply my need somehow.
If you have come to read my from My Green Pastures today, I thank-you. Let us press on and not give up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home