Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Eph 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. To be cont.The next day I wrote :Rahab went into her house and hung a scarlet rope from her window. Noah built an ark. What is similar about these people is that they and their families were saved . The Israelite fathers placed the blood of the lamb above their door posts with hyssop branches and the death angel passed them over. Salvation is from the LORD . I accept that He has done it. I mark my home not to earn salvation , I mark my home because I have it. My home has been given the gift of salvation. We can wear that upon our heads. Remembering that our salvation is a done deal. That salvation comes from the LORD.
If Rahab without reform, without going to sex addiction anonymous for 12 months, without any major life style change, could just hang a scarlet rope out her window and be saved, then surely so can I. It has struck me as curious that all of her friends viewed the Israelite army as people. But Rahab saw them as God's people. I wish our eyes could be opened to see people the way God see's people. We see people who act out in the natural. Those who try to be Christ like and those who don't give a hoot. Yet both, all those people, God views so differently than we do. He sees whosoever will may come. We see the harlot out there on Saturday nights doing her thing. He sees her ready to make a choice. Any day now her choice will be evident that He now is her God. There are no other gods in her life. When we come to idol worshippers are we to condemn them or love them? Are we to see that their day of opportunity looks everything like ours? It is just a matter of being awake ,(aware) and a matter of choice to go with the truth whether anyone else thinks you can or not. I find it interesting that for days my heart has been towards preparation for the Jericho march. And now that the time is getting closer I feel there will be many Rahabs evacuated before this is over. The walls came down ,and every man stood before a man. I think that the Spirit of the LORD upon us gives liberty to the captives who long to be set free. We will see the Jericho walls come down, not to ruin their lives but to give them a new life in Christ Jesus. For those who are thirsty let them come. For those who choose to let Jesus redeem them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home