Saturday, September 02, 2006

Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; that He might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing and the washing of water by the word, That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.Eph 5:25-27 Just as a reminder ,when I post here I am simply sharing some thoughts that come to me as I feel led. You saw that word , feel . When I read this passage of scripture a few things came to my mind. One was that a clean church would be glorious and that He was willing to go to great lengths to cleanse us. In comparison I thought of the role of the husband . Is it not his role then to cleanse his wife ? If she is doing something wrong, rather than say, "now you quit doing that," wouldn't the role of Jesus be more like, "what can I do to help you quit doing that?" Okay, I am back on the thought of foot washing again. It just sneaks in, but I think it has a place here. It is in the blood bought churches life style , I think, to give forgiveness as Jesus did to one another, and give a visual aid to that forgiveness by washing our feet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home