Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Titus 1:16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny [him], being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.
I set myself up, again , with a temptation. I am not going to get down on myself for that because I think it must be human nature to want to test my limits. God does not tempt me, I however seem to have this desire to show Him how well I can do if tested . When I run into trouble I cry help. The help that I need is truth so today I cried out for help before I was in trouble. Why not carry the truth with me ?
The truth is that I must not deny Him.
The power of His might, His power that can be perfected in my weakness. All about Him, not just the one or two aspects that I might mention today in my devotional. He is beyond compare and my desire is to not deny Him.
The goal, the object of my race is set before me. Yet at the same time I have this awesome awareness that at any time I need it, I can stop and have a party, and dance with Him in His field of grace.
I look again at the field I am to travel across today. A set up by my flesh that I can hardly back out of now. Yet I know that He is with me. His voice of truth is ringing in my ears.
The reason I picked out this passage of scripture today is because I think a lot is to be learned by others mistakes.
I certainly am not any better than they. How is that they missed such a great and wonderful promise to be fulfilled in their lives? Weren't they lovers of God? Didn't they want to know Him too?
I think they did. Otherwise why would they profess to know Him? Why bother with the good works at all if they had no love for God? Yet missing the power of His might. Not being able to not deny Him.
What I really love about God is the way He looks at our actions. If I really do not want to deny Him, am trying not to deny Him, but do it anyway, He looks at it as if I just was trying to walk but fell down. That is where the field of grace comes in. His grace is sufficient for me. Then after I spend sometime receiving His grace, I must go out and try it again. I don't know why. It is just what I do. The field is there , the trials and temptations are there. How else can I reach those lost souls that are out wandering around in the field ? What I would like to tell them about first is : the field of grace. It seems once you needed to stop what you were doing and come into a party but now the party will come to you, if you will but receive it.
Eph 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home